The Ayurevdic way to Manage Diabetes
The ancient health science of Ayurveda originated in India, but has found acclaim and reverence across the globe because of its long lasting benefits. It has made the lives of countless people easier with its simple remedies and lifestyle suggestions. Ayurvedic isn’t just a preventive health science, it is equally adept at curing various ailments as well. Diabetes is one such ailment which can be managed using Ayurvedic ways, as it not only treats the disease but also increases the natural capacity of the body to withstand damage from such ailments.
Diabetes raises the sugar level of the blood by adversely impacting the insulin production of our body. According to Ayurveda, diabetes occurs due to an imbalance in the 3 mind boy constitutions or doshas (Kapha, Pitta, Vata). Ayurvedic science believes that the development of type 2 diabetes occurs due to the dominance of the Kapha Dosha. Hence, treatment follows a course to correct that.
The following are the remedies recommended by Ayurveda to combat diabetes:
- You can stimulate your digestion which is beneficial in reducing the dominance of kapha from your system by drinking ginger tea.
- Follow a Kapha pacifying diet, which involved reduced consumption of carbohydrates, dairy products and sweets. The intake of bitter herbs and fresh, green vegetables is advised.
- Store water in a copper vessel overnight and drink a cup of the same the next morning.
- Take a half a teaspoon of turmeric along with half a teaspoon of ground bay leaf. Mix in a single teaspoon of aloe vera gel. Consume the mixture twice a day before lunch and dinner. This will greatly help in managing your blood sugar levels.
- Consume methi dana soaked in water every morning.
- Turmeric is a powerful anti-oxidant and it also great at combating diabetes. Introduce turmeric to your daily diet to regulate blood sugar levels.